Democratic Republic of Vietnam Fantasy Cover 2
1. Cover known to have been made in 1975, shipped overseas
2. Overprint is fantasy (a few trials exist, never used). Nge Khe used French Indo-china stamps after liberation. This P.O. is a branch located on a French plantation with two postal workers to service the workers of the plantation. There was no need for all of the so-called stamps, and no ability to print overprints.
3. The cachet is taken from a 1950s piece of paper money.
4. The slogan is from a Dec 19, 1946 event
5. Cancel states Interzone 2 (Lien Khu II). Nge Khe was in Interzone 3 (but not until 1946), never Interzone 2.
There are other address and province errors.
< Home | < DRVN Fake and Fantasy Index
For more information about this project, or to contribute material and information, contact Richard Aspnes at email@example.com.